Leussink Engineering works with a diverse range of industries across various global regions including Australia & New Zealand, Europe, and UAE.
Capabilities & Services
Leussink is a state of the art engineering facility with an ever-growing range of capabilities. From machining of bespoke components to total manufacturing of turn-key projects, Leussink has earned a reputation for world-class thinking and delivery.
Decades of expertise and knowledge: Leussink has been servicing the needs of global manufacturing firms for over 40 years.
Family owned: A second generation family-owned business, Leussink is proud to contribute to the economy of the Illawarra region in which we are based by providing complete design, fabrication and machining solutions to the manufacturing sector both in Australia and overseas.
Medium-sized business with over 45 employees: Including Management, Sales and Administration, Registered Professional Engineers and Draftsmen, trade qualified Mechanical Fitters, Machinists and Boilermakers. Our team members are the backbone of our company and provide decades of collective industry experience.
- Global markets – From our state-of-the-art facility in Unanderra, NSW, we service international markets including Europe, Russia, UAE and New Zealand. Multi-disciplinary - offering mechanical, process, electrical and structural engineering capabilities.
- State-of-the-art facilities - Capable of prototype manufacturing and testing in our own facilities.
- Complete Solutions - offering total end-to-end in-house design engineering Industry Experts - experts in complex mechanical systems and equipment analysis.
- Award Winning - In 2017, Leussink Engineering was awarded the Komatsu Premier Supplier Award, acknowledging our unwavering quality of product, turnaround times, performance delivery, and value of supply.
- Bespoke solutions – We specialise in short run bespoke engineering solutions for our clients.
- Reverse-engineering expertise – We have the in-house ability to electronically qualify finished machine dimensions and reverse engineer customer supplied items utilizing CMM and laser scanning equipment.
- On-site capability – We can design, manufacture and operate custom built on-site machining equipment to suit individual customer requirements and locations.
- Through life maintenance and support capability
- Mechanical, Structural & Process Engineering.
- Specialised equipment design, certification, manufacture, prototyping and installation
- CNC machining from high volume repetitive items to very large bespoke items.
- In-house Demmeler Modular fixturing system incorporating - 3m x 1.5m x 0.85m on 16m rail system for high precision fabrication.
- Integral metrology department incorporating a 3.7m portable electronic coordinate measuring machine (CMM) and portable laser tracking equipment.
Quality standards and accreditations
- Operating at ISO9001:2008 quality standard.
- Fully compliant to in-house weld procedures AS 1796 Cert 10, AS 2214, AS 1796 Cert 1,1E,2,3,3E,4,5,7,8G,8F,9.
- Certification to Australian & International Standards.
- Cyber Security: Leussink Engineering has been assessed as ‘low risk’ after participating in AusIndustry’s Cyber Security Maturity Assessment, which follows the US National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) framework, which includes Risk Identification, Threat Detection, Protection, Response and Recovery.
- For over 40 years, Leussink has been servicing global brands. Our clients include:
- Department of Defence (Australia): Supply of Demmeler welding & fixturing systems and laser tracking metrology equipment services.
- New Zealand Defence Force (Army): Supply of Demmeler welding & fixturing systems.
- ANSTO: Precision machining of reactor control rods for the Lucas Heights Reactor.
- BlueScope Steel: Precision machining, fabrication and laser tracking services.
- Joy Global (Komatsu): Precision machining, fabrication and CMM measuring equipment services.
- Bisalloy Steels: Overhaul and refurbishment of Plate Leveller Cassette.